Just getting started

 Howdy folks

This is a new experience for me, and please bear with me if things aren't happening fast, I hope the content will be worth waiting for.  Since this isn't a forum, the interaction will be different than some are familiar with.  When you comment on a blog post I make, I get the opportunity to screen it before it becomes public. After screening the comment, I can allow it to be posted or not.  I like this option for a couple of reasons...

1) I can hopefully keep away spammers and trash

2) I can keep the content of the comments on track with the theme of my blog post. 

To me this is very important because for many years I've put out information, on public forums, concerning things I've learned about the Hill style of shooting and tackle, and it gets lost in a myriad of wandering or slanderous posts that derail the information I've presented. I'm not saying I've learned it all, far from it, but I have read with acute interest the writings of Howard Hill, watched the videos of him shooting, and also the same with John Schulz and others. There's a lot of information presented by Hill and others that goes over the heads of most readers or watchers.  I say this because John Schulz, in our many conversations and texts, got me thinking the correct way and it opened my eyes to the way that Hill and Schulz taught. 

There is much to this simple method and it needs to be presented in a place where it can be read, digested, and shared.... Without all the other information out there on the internet to muddy these waters.  So this blog was born. Over time I hope that others who have had lessons from Hill, Schulz, or one of their students will chime in so we can all learn something by intelligent conversation.

John Schulz said the Hill method of shooting was simple, yet exacting. John  was very precise in the words he used to portray the Hill method, and as I'll show through my posts, Hill was no less precise, maybe even more so.


For those with Google email accounts, you should be listed on the comments board or as a follower by your addressed name, not anonymous. For those who are commenting from other platforms, you may be listed as anonymous without that being your intention.  Right now I don't know if that is on my end or the signer but it will get ironed out... 


So sit back, look in once in a while, and as my busy schedule allows and things come to mind,  I'll start writing.

Shoot Straight... 

Comments

  1. still trying to figuew out how to work this
    little slow on computer stuff- said I was anonymous put my name and picture?

    hope blossoms into some good information on stumping ,hunting, shooting technique and maybe some build along information

    right now I'm mostly a stumper

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, Nate! Thanks so much and I look forward to reading content on the blog. As much as I like forums and how passionate conversation can get on them, this format will be cleaner and will allow an expert to curate the information that is available here, and I look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And "you're off!" This blog should be an incredible resource as it grows. Now that John has passed I am looking forward to your carrying of the torch. Best of luck with this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be a very informative site for an Howard Hill junkie like me

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is staring to look great Nate! Very exciting. Can't wait to read more and interact without all the nay sayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see someone with the knowledge to carry on the torch from Howard and John. Thanks for taking the time and effort to do this Nate. Looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you were going to have a Lotta followers. It will be great to watch and see what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Nate. This is going to be great

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nate first and foremost Thank You. Looking forward to all that you are willing to share.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nate don't get so busy/distracted with this that you forget about working on my bow Haha -I really like the site so far

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

POPULAR TOPICS